Friday, November 7, 2008

Pregnancy...

7:14 Ecclesiastes
When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one
as well as the other.
Therefore, a man cannot discover
anything about his future.

Since I missed last weeks sermon, I was playing catch up between working my two night shifts this week & opened the bible and came upon this verse. It touched me, as I continued to study it I read the 'breakdown' of it in our study bible & that hit me even harder:

'God allows both good times & bad times to come to everyone. He blends them in our lives in such a way that we can't predict the future or count on human wisdom and power. We usually give ourselves credit for the good times. Then in bad times, we tend to blame God without thanking him for the good that comes out of it.'

When I got home from work now I went back to this & have read it over & over again. For some reason I'm finding great comfort in this passage. Its been over TWO weeks since I've blogged since we found out about this pregnancy.
I've been calmer than I expected I'd be, considering having the miscarriage 3 months ago. I thought I'd be a wreck & totally stressed out, but I truly thank GOD for the grace & patience he has bestowed upon me. I'd don't know what is going to happen with this pregnancy, I can & do pray for all things positive. I will be 7 weeks on Monday, still not surpassing the 8 1/2 weeks with the first one....but I know He has a plan & I desire to remain faithful in this.

Our 1st appt. with the OB/GYN is on Thursday, 11/13-ultrasound & all.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

That's our due date. I will pray for a really good day all around!