Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Ticker

So the Ticker on the left hand side of my blog kept me well informed for the last 9+ months. And so I saw that it read 0 yesterday. And for some reason I thought it may disappear, but today it reads 1..?!?!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
I've past the due date, or shall I say our little one has passed the due date. I know some people might be thinking well did you know for sure when you got pregnant & the answer is yes.
So does the ticker know something me & little wee doesn't know. Could tomorrow be the day. July 1st, I like the sound of that. The first day of the month.
Otherwise, our 41+ week appt. is next Thursday, ugh. YES, Thursday. They'll do a Non-Stress Test (NST) to see how the baby's movements & heart are, as well as an ultra sound to check out the babe & its lofty home (amniotic fluid & placenta).
When they told us yesterday that my body hadn't progressed at all I wasn't surprised, I haven't had any contractions, but was disappointed. IT was good to find out though, cause it gave us a goal. We took a longer walk last night, amongst other things :) & I slept in this am & feel good. So really what more could I ask for. I know we'll meet this child in less than 2 weeks. :)
I'm not keen on having to wait to till the end of next week to find out whats going on inside, but as long as I feel baby movements--I have to trust in what IS happening inside. Sometimes Easier said, than Done. :)

4 comments:

Miss Nguyen said...

Seems like baby has his/her own ticker!

Truly said...

i remember the due date as being the one thing that i was counting on... that was dumb because little man showed up a week later...
so as long as you don't get stressed out or worried, you'll be fine... and keep up the walking and "other things" it doesn't hurt to try...


ps i've missed seeing you

Mama Goose said...

Ask Stacy, but I think EPO would be OK too. Tell the ticker to shove it, babies have their OWN timetable!

Colin and Holly said...

alison! i can't believe nothing changed at your appointment! i really thought something would change, at least a little bit! sorry to frustrate you... the wait is killer, i know. we're all on standby! :)