Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh What a Night

Seriously, body--I thought I was gonna cry. I'm kind of afraid to eat at this point. At first it was the period like cramps that woke me up @ 11:30, then it was the gurgling of my stomach/intestines--wherever they are in my body at this point. After peeling myself back into bed for the 3rd time, I really wanted Eli to be awake, but at the same time, I thought wow, if this is the start of things, he'll need his rest.
By 4th time to the bathroom, now 2am--he quickly came to the door, I was retching & by the 3rd time, it was kind of loud.
Plus, the floor was soaked, pretty sure it was just urine, no bladder control when you're hugging the toilet bowl @40+ weeks pregnant. :)

Made my way back into bed. Thanks for cleaning up Eli, you are truly my loving husband. More period like cramps continued. We just laid here, I was freezing, but I know we finally fell back to sleep.
It was a long night & Eli somehow got up a few hours later for coffee w/the guys & work. I slept & continued to sleep, which was what I needed.

Now just more cramps. I can admit it...I AM SCARED. What if this is bigger than I can handle, what if I just want to crawl up & die. I so want to be strong, please let me be strong.

7 comments:

Miss Nguyen said...

I know you will find the strength to handle this. I have boatloads of faith that will be a great mother to baby Rodriguez!

Meg B said...

Lots of prayers headed your way.

Paige Puckett said...

That is exciting. It sounds like things are moving along. It is a little scary, but fortunately it comes in waves and you get breaks... AND you have an amazing support system. I was pretty scared the afternoon before as my contractions started getting painful. I think I cried on the phone to mom about how I changed my mind about no pain meds. I was a mess, but survived! You can too.

Melinie said...

You can do it! You do have a great amount of support and so much inner strength. So many women before you have felt this same fear and have braved through it. Courage is not having no fear, courage is facing it all even though you are afraid. Remember that God has made you to do this and He is perfect in His timing. He will give you all of the strength you need. It is ok to be scared and know that we are all loving you and supporting you with our prayers!

Mike said...

OK, all that plus the freezing - wow that babe is going to be here soon. I've been praying all day but will keep it up.

We are all with you. And there is no one else that can do this for you - you'll get through it one way or another.

Eli is such a strong help!

Mama Goose said...

shoot, that last one was me, not mike. apparently blogger was signed in as him. sorry!

Andrea said...

said a little prayer for you...hopefully you are holding that sweet babe by now!