Thursday, June 18, 2009

Least Expected

Life, death. Friends, enemies. Black, white. Happy, sad.
I had a great afternoon doing nothing, well hanging out with friends which was nice. I didn't run through the last items on my to do list or run around doing errands or even go to work for that matter. We just hung out & had girl time, it was nice. Thanks Ladies. I felt refreshed from it & as I drove home I listened to my voice mail & to my dismay received a message from a friend from work about my primary. She said he was really sick, I just took care of him on Monday night. But this awful disease overtakes neonates so quickly its frightening. My patient got Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC), death of your intestinal tissue. It is often inoperable & he was/is dying. My mind immediately felt horrible, here I was having this pleasant afternoon & he is dying. When I come to moments like these I struggle & really need assurance from God.

Sweet blessings J.A., on your very brief life of one month.

No comments: