Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reality Check

I've been pregnant for 269 days, I've gained 45 lbs (wow-learned this yesterday), & there will be a baby in our house soon.
I feel we are as prepared as two adults can be, we realized last night that our life will not ever be the same again. That this new person will take center stage for some time. I'm not saying that we have to forget who we are as a couple but, come on we will be trying to figure out this new baby for some time. I know sleep won't be perfect, if at all & the house won't be perfect, but this baby will be amazing in so many ways.
My body is starting to progress; I'm ~75% effaced, but not dilated at all yet, bummer. I'm thirsty ALL the time & honestly I think it will be weird NOT to be pregnant any more, but at the same time look forward to my body prior to pregnancy. I'm not even talking about my pre-prenancy weight but the lack of discomfort/pain will be nice. I move different now. I know I will experience new 'discomforts' after the baby is born, but to one day be able to cross my legs, bend over w/o psyching myself up for it or roll over in bed w/o planning it out first will be nice.
Now, I'm not trying to complain but just wanted to put it down in black & white so one day when I try to remember what it was like to be pregnant, I can come back & revisit this. :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So excited for you! I pray that the next weeks will be as amazing and filled with love as you dreamed. Can't wait to see what God has for you and your new family!