Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1 yr.

How does one year creep, & fly by so quickly & yet be full of so many new experiences. June 23rd, 2008--was the day I took my first pregnancy test, ever. As a woman this was a life changing event for me. First, if it was negative I would have been sad for the life that I thought that we created but didn't come to fruition. OR I could have been happy for an amazing journey that we were about to beckon on. The latter came true.
I won't forget where I was, what we had just done, how I felt buying the test kit & all the overwhelming thoughts after seeing the positive test. The days that followed were immediately tiring, emotional, & tiring. As the weeks past & to what we thought were normal blood testing, truly wasn't. In retrospect, I see it was more out of concern from the doctors, as I truly know now, my HcG levels weren't climbing as much as they should have been. All I knew was that I felt pregnant. Life was blooming inside of me. By the end of July it was determined that it actually wasn't & so the birth of this blog began.
I didn't know where to go with all the thoughts, feelings I had. I had a tremendous support of people around me, but was having a hard enough time wrestling w/the emotions on my own, w/my husband. I really didn't have many words to say initially. I mostly just remember going to bed crying, getting up to cry...as time passed it did get a little easier, but still remains all so close to my heart.
Now, as we approach our due date with this baby, my heart still fragile--I still desperately pray that this is a healthy baby.

3 comments:

Miss Nguyen said...

We're all praying with you.

Mako Shark said...

Wow, Al, I love you. I have been honored to walk beside you this year, and we've been praying for this Little One all along.

Paige Puckett said...

You are so close to meeting the baby! Thanks for your kind comments on my post and I wish you a wonderful first meeting full of kisses, joy and health.