Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Note to Self

Self:
"You are going to be a mom. Well, ya I know that-my body, heart & soul knows that, but my mind is finally catching up."
Its one thing to see your waist expand beyond normal measurements & bodily functions change & heartburn accompanies most meals, pee trips are 2-3 per night now, & moving side to side--is a well thought out process, but to seriously think & really wrap your mind around the idea that there is a human being, a full fledged, little me & Eli, growing inside of me is breath taking.
I am so little relative to all of this. I just throw my arms up & praise God for what he has truly created, & just realize I am here to serve & be faithful in this journey. It is hard for me to say, "baby, I love you & I can't wait to meet you," aloud without becoming choked up.

So today we had our 36 week appointment, it went well. An exam & a swab to test for Group B Strep. No weight change-crazy, urine & BP good--check, check. The exam showed that my cervix is thinning, but no dilation yet & I've yet to feel any Braxton Hicks yet-- We'll see, I'm awaiting them, like a child awaits the boogie monster @ night, you think they are there, but maybe its not really so bad.
Now weekly appointments & I've been telling the babe after next Sunday, we can truly do this @ anytime...:)

Let's revisit the TO DO List
1.Need to print Birth plan
2.Pack hospital bag
3.Find Pediatrician (Still--yes)
4.Give medical leave paperwork to Dr.s (oops forgot this am)
5.Get car seat
6.Work 11 more days of work

1 comment:

Miss Nguyen said...

I can't believe how fast time has flown!