Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is Honesty TOO honest

We don't share this part of our lives. I was taught, well-- really NOT taught how to manage money. I am ashamed to say, I've never made a budget. Never have I done this. I've always paid my bills, never late--in my early twenties, immediately out of college, i had loans. I paid them off, paid rent, shopped. I enjoy shopping, I enjoy clothes. Is this Christian of me, shallow of me--
Now in my thirties--i have a mortgage, have car loans, we now have a child. No school loans, but the bills are piling up, and I am overwhelmed, but remember, we don't talk about this.

But I need to talk about this, Eli & I have talked about this. I more so have brought it up. I've done the bills, is it my fault, where did we go wrong. How can I make it better.

I am ashamed.
Do I post this, will you think of us differently, what do I do?

I want to be open about this, I need to be open about this. This is who I am...who we are. If I post this is it gonna be awkward, can I really be who i am without you knowing this about me.....
Somewhere did I go wrong. Please don't judge, if you're reading this, you have to KNOW I've taken a huge leap of faith by posting it. please don't judge.

We all must come to our knees & look for guidance, I am there............

4 comments:

Melinie said...

I, for one, appreciate honesty. I am not going to think any different of you. I already knew you weren't superhuman :) Even if your labor made me wonder...
Money is stressful to me, especially in a time of so many unknowns in my own life. There is value in support of one another. Guess I am just saying, yeah, I get it.

Miss Nguyen said...

No judgement! We live in a world where debt is normal and those who have no debt are abnormal. I know I have dug myself deep into debt and it has been my struggle to pull myself out of it payment by payment. I just thank God that I still have a job that I have no fear of losing.

Colin and Holly said...

for real, what's the big deal? i mean, it is a big deal how we handle our money as christians, but it's not a big deal that YOU are in this place right now! we're all there, some days more than others. you care and you're addressing it; you're doing exactly what you should be doing! :) --i mean, you're a horrible person and as punishment you should bring us dinner every night for the rest of your life. he he...

Mama Goose said...

I appreciate honesty and promise no judgment. Especially because this is an area where Mike and I struggle so much. We have no discipline, don't follow a budget, and I'll be honest too - sometimes I do forget to pay the bills. I'm just glad the mortgage is directly drafted from our account, or I really might forget to pay it.