Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sunshiny Day

Awoke early, 9ish. This is early for us, me & little monkey, often don't see daylight till 10ish. We laid there a bit & then was motivated to take a walk. First official walk w/the stroller. We did try one evening but after 5 mins. we recognized that it wasn't going to be successful.
Decided to use the stroller, a little too hot & sticky for the Moby. So by the time I figure out how to adjust it for it for her, made sure she ate & was changed it was about 10:15...not too shabby.
We walked for about 45 mins. I decided to take the trail, lots of shade there. As I made my way back home I realized this is exactly what I needed. I was sweaty, yet refreshed. Exercise, movement is such a big part of who I am, how I relish in how it makes me feel. I hope she does too one day, I plan on being active with her.
She was not so sure about the stroller at first though, letting out a few yelps & hollers but as movement took place, she settled & we were cruising.

It was a good time. I didn't feel defeated today. We then came back & had our first tummy time. All in all it was a good morning, all happening before noon. :)

Now dinner is approaching & we continued to have a good afternoon. A 3 hr nap for LIliana (crazy) & play time w/dad too. Now I remind myself that not everyday w/be this seemless, but I do enjoy when they are.

Our evenings are still a little hairy, she struggles & fights going down to sleep in the evening. We start around 9:30/10ish~ when we start feeling beat, but she's yet to actually "go to sleep" before midnight. Its been the norm for us to take turns trying to get her to sleep. She'll fall asleep when we walk around w/her or when she's in the Moby, but then breaks down & wakes up full force crying when we put her down.
I know she's a baby & we are just the parents, trying mesh as one. :)

No comments: