Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some Firsts: Weeks 6-7

So the last week has brought about many firsts.

*First time she slept in the co-sleeper all night, w/o us having to use the swing.

*First time she smiled & laughed (at least more consistently)

*First time she took a bottle

*First time she was babysat. Almost took her to the dentist, wasn't thinking & figured Eli or I could watch her...well we BOTH had appointments at the same time. Thanks Amy!! :)

*First time she was able to console her self to sleep by gnawing on her hands, pretty cute. Now she does it, when its not even bed time.


So we're not even at the 2 month mark & there are so many changes already. She's out of newborn clothes (has been since about week 4), wears 3-6 months (lots of 6 months stuff). Its weird you look forward to when they grow up for more interaction, but I'm also quite aware how quickly this part is going by. She still loves her Moby, but soon I imagine sleeping curled up on me will also be a distant memory.

Our days now consist of her awaking in the am to eat & then hang out in bed a bit longer. She coos & is quite chatty at this time. Then our morning walk, then to return to feed again. Baby first, then mamma. Our days our w/friends, getting stuff done around the house or appointments outside of the house before I head back to work in 25 days (not that I'm counting). Right now bedtime is nice, if she's not TOO tired. We rock, listen to music/ or read a book prior to her last feed & then down in the co-sleeper. She sleeps 1st in about a 4-5 hr stretch, then awakens every 2-3hrs. to eat. Not too bad :)t

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

She is growing right on target, and so smart already too!

I still feel a little bummed she wouldn't take a bottle with me, but just because she was hungry and I know I made her mad because I "wouldn't" feed her!