Friday, March 26, 2010

Birthday






So life has been different not what I want it to be lately. I anticipated my birthday to be another day, another stressful how are we going to get all the stuff done kind of day. Well, it began so sweet one of my best friends from home called & sang happy birthday to me, sweet friend-how I love your voice :). Then I was fortunate to go to a class @ work & learn & get paid. Then I came home to a home made card done by Liliana, all by herself of course :)

But then it started~ I began opening mail, bills-why didn't I just let them be, because then the stress came, I began making lists...trying to figure it out. Ends not meeting I felt beat & frustrated, just looking @ Eli I said, "not today, not on my birthday." So we stopped trying to figure it ALL out...at the same time (sweet perfect timing) I received a wonderful message & a surprise at my door.
All I first saw was a daffodil, well 2 on one stem...& I just cried. It was truly such a loving, thoughtful wonderful surprise at a time that i needed it so much. I didn't even have to open the gift & then more tears. Wow, thank-you!!

Then a call from a dear friend saying they could watch Liliana so Eli & I could go out to eat. Well, I had to be honest and admit since things are tight-we were just doing 'free' things today. Which was fine. But they had a gift certificate to give to us for dinner. Again thoughtful & so giving. We enjoyed our dinner out, its been some time since we've had just husband & wife time out.

So my birthday was about family & friends, near & far calling & giving me sweet gifts of love, singing happy birthday to me, words of reassurance that life is good & the bumps in the road are always going to be there and its a matter of knowing that you are not alone.

I am blessed I got to enjoy the day with my two favorite people, laughing, eating, walking through Duke Gardens.
I know I need to be better at meeting God in my place of frustration. He's showing me the way, giving me a lot of grace.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

I hope you feel very loved, in all the large and small ways.