Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sick babies to sick baby


So how & why did I work 5 of the last 6 nights. First we thought we'd be going away this weekend so I scheduled myself that way. Secondly caffeine usually gets me through, lattes I love you. The first two nights not so bad, the 3rd night was the worst...last night #5, well I had my eye on the prize--> 8 wonderful days off!!
I kind of remember my ride home, I don't remember my head hitting the pillow. I do remember Eli bringing Lili in & stating she wouldn't eat--no bottle, no food, no cheerios...nothing. But she did nurse & so our baby is sick~again. :(
I slept a little more after that & she took a 3 hr nap. Then her & I hung out downstairs as Eli resumed prepping the house for the big day.
As we hung out she would crawl to a toy, seem interested, whimper a little & then crawl back to me. Sometimes she didn't make it back to me & just stretched out on the floor as if she wanted to go back to sleep...sad. She was beat & hot. So with more nursing, Tylenol & a little more nursing she was beginning to seem more herself & then apparently she needed another nap.
Her day just ended ~6:30pm by falling asleep in my lap.
Tomorrow we go in for her 9 month well baby check up. I look forward to these appointments-finding out if she's met her milestones & what we have to look forward to. I just pray she feels better...its just too sad when she's not her giggly, silly little self.
Sorry you're sick Lili-poo.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Poor Lili. :( Did the doc have any suggestions? And is she meeting her milestones?

She is so super cute and fun. I hate that she doesn't feel good.