Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Working with a Preggo

Ok, so the preggo will
1. Always turn down the temp in the pod that their in, I'm liking 70 degrees :)
2. Eat before she begins her day, favorite--egg, bacon, biscuit w/lots of mayo
3. Is glad when her pod is close to the bathroom, cause when nature calls I don't have to waddle so far
4. Will have to eat again in about 2-3hrs.
5. Was extremely happy for Nurses Week--when we got lots of free food, when everyone else was complaining & wanting more--seriously, it was free food!!
6. Doesn't mind when co-workers come up & talk & touch the belly
7. Is often VERY MOODY by the end of 13 hrs.

My life has changed in small ways. I used to eat a late lunch after all my assessments & rounds were complete maybe ~10am, now its get something in right after report @ 7am. I also used to take a late lunch so the afternoon would be quick around 3pm, now I'm lucky if I make it till 1pm. Small things used to not bother me much, like when we do the baby shuffle. No its not a dance, but rather a planning for the next shift to make admit spots for new babies & moving other babies--recently my patients have had to get moved to step down units out of the ICN..is this a pain yes, I have I done this my last 2 shifts yes, with 2 patients--YES.
The hormones I think are kicking in too. I got home Monday night & when Eli asked about my day I just cried--seriously my day wasn't that bad--I've had worse. I just felt like I had hit rock bottom somehow, like I couldn't do this anymore & that I couldn't imagine doing this once I'm a mom. But then I got up Tuesday & did it all over again & made it home w/o crying...and not feeling that way so much. Soooo my point--guess that I really don't feel like I have control of my emotions all the time, which is kind of weird. They'll just come on, & it will make me sad, happy or the desire to cry will be there- so I do.

Today, is my free day--YEAH. No one has to work w/this preggo today. I gotta run to the bank, then AVEDA--hope I don't cry there. Then I hope to pick up some plants @ Lowes, and then see what energy I have left....work does call tomorrow.

1 comment:

Miss Nguyen said...

Enjoy your day off! If it makes you feel better, I get really stressed and the littlest thing will make me wanna cry. No matter where I'm at... work, home, school, etc.