Monday, May 18, 2009

Gratitude

So I'm still enjoying the remnants of the baby shower as I sip on an Italian Soda, raspberry--yum. Baby R has been doing lots of turns & tucks, I think they agree, maybe a second glass is in our near future.
The house is now quiet, just me & babe, even Eli is @ work.
I've been going over & over my thoughts & feelings about this past weekend & wondering how I could ever express my gratitude to YOU, everyone one of you!!

Whether it be your helping hands before, during or after the event. I know I speak for not only myself but for Eli as well, we are so touched. Its hard to think a year ago I was just beginning to get to know most of you & now I go to you for so many things. Growing up in a small family, we did things for ourselves & never went to people for help--or at least I didn't. I know you offered & jumped right in to do things to make this day special & you succeeded!! I couldn't have asked for anything more.
I had friends & family that couldn't be here from afar, but you never felt that far away. We of course missed that you weren't here, but understand & maybe once the babe is born...we'll see you then :)

I know that God is good & my life feels good right now, but does that mean something bad may happen. I've been reflecting on Ecclesiastes verse 7:13-14.

Consider what God has done:
Who can straighten what he has made crooked?
When times are good, be happy:
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one
as well as the other.
Therefore, a man cannot discover
anything about his future.

I don't want to expect that something bad will happen, but I need to be faithful & try to find peace that God has his hands in all things.

So kind of a funny post to start all thankful & happy & then question what may be on the horizon, I just always want to be prepared. Theres nothing worse to me than to walk into a situation & not know. But maybe that is how we learn & grow in our walk in our faith.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Mindfulness. Be in your present moment, do not worry about what tomorrow may bring. Don't let future worries spoil your present joy! :)

We love you