Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rocking it Out

So I've been on the hunt on Craigslist for a reasonably priced rocker. I found #1, I would like 2 more perhaps...one for the baby's room, one for downstairs & one for our room...but for now I am happy with this one (meaning I'm not really sure where this one is going, but I like it):



This task was harder than I thought. People think that nice or comfy needs to have tacky-ugly cushions, some that are part of the rocker. I've just been in search of simple wooden rockers without any fluff. I dig this one.

This chair means a lot to me. A piece of furniture, I know. I sit in it now & think in weeks I will be able to hold our baby and look at them & talk and actually see their response. Yesterday I was fortunate to hold a full term baby (6lbs), that seemed huge to me....he was sweet, I almost cried as to think that someone loves this baby as much as I already love you & then I ask myself, how can I love you, want to protect you, make sure you are ok & yet I've never even met you.

Our countdown now, in weeks, is in single digits & I can't even believe it. Hope you're ready to meet us soon too! :) (but not too soon)

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

That made me cry... in a happy way.

Miss Nguyen said...

Every time I check out your blog I can't believe how close the day is! Only 2 months now!