Tuesday, April 21, 2009

10, 20, 30

0-10 weeks: All first trimester. These weeks were a challenge for me for many reasons. Physically my body was making changes that was not apparent on the outside, but I didn't feel well most of the time. Honestly if you asked me how I felt I probably said fine, but most of the time smells & food disgusted me & ALL I wanted to do was sleep. Nausea is what I would say ruled the first 10 weeks. Mentally I was-how do I say this glad, happy to be pregnant somewhere deep down, but always expecting, anticipating that something could go wrong. It wasn't until our first ultrasound @ 7 weeks in November until it started to sink in. Although through the first 10 weeks I felt I was trying to explain myself as to why I wasn't super excited & all giddy, I think people were more excited for me. I needed & appreciated all the support.

11-20 weeks: Yeah, nausea lifted @ ~14 weeks. Eli had picked me up from work & I was craving Thai food, before this my meals consisted of cereal, mac'n cheese or plain chicken. Entering 2nd trimester was a big thing for me. It meant I made it through the higher risk miscarriage weeks. We had our 18 week u/s in January. This time we both just watched in awe, looking at all the tiny baby parts...looking so perfectly formed. I felt really good these in between weeks. My body was definitely starting to make room for baby.

21-30 weeks: These weeks brought some new challenges. 1.Sciatica-this back pain arrived @ 23 weeks & has been here since. Some days better than others. We went to a Physical Therapist & she has definitely provided me with some great exercises & has showed Eli some amazing massage techniques. More importanly I'm trying to listen to my body, when I'm not at work I want to get stuff done here, but I know if I do, I'll be feeling it & then in no shape for work. I also tried swimming, which has helped too. 2.Movement- Around week 23 I was beginning to feel movements. Soon after that I got used to the pattern of movements, early morning & again in the evening. This is amazing. To have confirmation that the baby is alive & well inside of you & moving...is really hard to explain in words. When the babe was is not in its typical pattern, this brings concern. I find if I get caught up in work & beat I may not notice the movements, & this brought one quick/worrisome visit to the doctors. Everthing was fine, but my heart was hung up in anticipation of the good/possibly bad news.

31-....Now that the last quarter is here, it makes it seem like the other 3/4 was just a distant memory. Getting pregnant in the Fall, drifting through winter & now Spring. I would say this is my favorite part but mostly cause baby is almost here!
The room is painted, furniture placed, baby shower coming up. Baby Rodriguez we can't wait to meet you! :)

No comments: