Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Birth Day

I'm taking time today to think of the woman I will never know, the one who gave birth to me 35 years ago. What thoughts, feelings was she thinking when she gave birth to me. Did she know that she had/want to give me up for adoption. How difficult was that decision for her or was it not even an option but something that was decided for her. All these thoughts/questions unanswered. I'm truly not sure & I honestly feel comfortable not knowing these answers even after all these years.

I just want to celebrate the life that was given to me. The life that I can give birth to in 3 months.

I play out so many different scenarios in my life that "could have" happened. I could have remained in Colombia never adopted or adopted by someone else (strange). I am who I am because of my loving parents that raised me, where I grew up & all the people that God has placed in my life. When I come back to my birth day 35 years ago I have to thank my birth mom, for what ever reason, she let me go--for I know the life I'm in is where I'm suppose to be.

2 comments:

Melinie said...

happy birthday! I am glad God put you right where you are too!

Mama Goose said...

I'm glad you're in my life. Your gentleness and love are beautiful, and I can't wait to watch you be a mother to your own child.