Sunday, March 8, 2009

What Will said today....

Really meant a lot to me, I'm mostly thinking of one phrase about when their daughter was ill upon birth, I didn't write down the verse, but basically what he said that, in regards to the possibility of death of their new baby, "that either she would have them as parents for the rest of their lives or she would be with God."
I felt consoled by this.

Well our due date was this weekend of our miscarriage that happened this past summer. Do I think about this everyday- not as much, have I thought about it more recently- yes. I know that, that child to be is with God along with so many other lives we've all lost.

I remember in nursing school we discussed death & how people say 'passed away' vs. 'dying' and I used to be the one that always said 'passed away', but now when death is imminent I try to approach it with an open ear, of my patient's families & with few words. Often the moment is different with each family, but our hearts hurt & our minds can't always understand why me.

No comments: