Thursday, March 12, 2009

My poor Aching Back....

So I do like work. I'll admit it after not being here for a few days, its tough to come back, but when I do or usually my walk into work I wonder what kind of day it will be. You NEVER can anticipate what kind of patient, family, situation you may have--I have learned this.
I had a trying case yesterday-- a newborn with so many anomalies...I'm not sure if I couldn't even list them all here or do I want to for that matter. No one, no baby should have to deal with all that this tiny body is dealing with. Regardless, its still fascinating & interesting to me. My other patient was a sweet 33 week twin, who was eating, breathing everything on his own. It was a nice balance.
Today, two different patients.
My only theme for the two days is MY ACHING BACK. Aching like somehow my sciatic nerve has been exposed & the shooting pain won't stop. Heat helps (takes the edge off), and knowing that I have a few days off that also helps but otherwise it hurts. Someone from PT who was working on one of patient's yesterday kindly brought me a back band for preggos, so far thats helping a bit too...Ok that was my rant. :)

No comments: