Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Snow Princess arrived!


Eli cleaning off the car before work:



So I know there is still this New England child living in my body. Cause whenever the talk of snow comes up I get pretty elated. It reminds me of the mornings when my dad would get the early phone calls, he was on the School Board, & he would be in the 'know' of calling off school or making it a delay. I would quietly anticipate the judgement & then knock on my brother's wall if it was what we wanted to hear. Then snow time....well at least when the sun came up. I enjoyed those days, being so cold, you could barely feel your butt & your cheeks so red. Playing all day, sledding, building snow men, making a snow fort (we got a lot of snow, many feet).
Well now 30+ yrs. later I still revel in "snow days" & I'm not even a student. I just lucked out today & don't have to work.

Here I come snow!!

1 comment:

Miss Nguyen said...

uhh... snow. yeah, it's nice sometimes...