Saturday, January 17, 2009

Busted

We awoke to no running water in the kitchen this morning. No biggie we thought, just run the water for a bit & then it should be ok. OK-NO! I had fallen asleep on the couch & I awoke to some choice words from Eli, this is not common. He then went running outside behind the house & found water running down the house from where the pipe should be in the wall.
So we have a pipe that burst. Growing up in New England you'd think we'd be used to this, maybe our homes are constructed better, more equipped for this kind of temperature up there. And so now for what was suppose to be our free Saturday together turned into an afternoon @ Lowes for Eli & a new plumber role for him.

Wow, there's drills going now, he needs to get as much of the dry wall out from under the sink so we can air out all that is damaged. What a mess, so we've been w/o water all day too. I know wah for us. I honestly just feel bad for all that he is trying to figure out right now, cause for me I have not a clue.
So from a kitchen with a lot of sighs, I hope your Saturday is a little better than ours.

2 comments:

Miss Nguyen said...

OMG! I am so sorry! Hope your weekend gets better!

Derrick Phillips - said...

Eli was heroic yesterday... way to face the freeze!