Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Working Nights

So, I gotta say I'm not a night person. On a normal schedule, I am an early riser. I love beating the sunrise or at least meeting it while I'm out on a walk/run. Recently my schedule has been going back & forth btw. night/days. I do surprisingly like working nights, though. People on nights tend to be a bit more layed back & well the vibe is too.
Some people are like, ugh-you work nights & can't even fathom doing it, but honestly its not that bad.
On a side note at work, I think about the babies I take of from 22 weekers to term babies that are large glucose unstable new borns. I wonder if God willing, we are able to have a child;
a.Will it end up here
b.Would I carry a baby to term or
c.What will I do when I have a patient that dies on my shift.
These amongst other things, are what I labor over in my mind. I see a lot, hear a lot-which I like, but when it hits home, then it becomes overwhelming....

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Working nights might not be so bad if your ride picked you up on time...