Friday, August 1, 2008

You gotta love Target

I've been away & not processing thoughts by blogging for a couple days. Today I awoke after working 3 consecutive nights in a row, my mind aching for food, caffeine & probably more sleep. I caught another episode of 'Bones' & dabbled a little bit online. When Eli made it home we decided to do a Target run. I love that place, you can get cereal, a pair of converse kicks, nail polish & a chic mirror or whatever. Did we buy all that today-NO. But you gotta love walking around & eyeing all of it.

My goal today was to get our dear friends in Cali a baby gift, their son was born July 7th & I hadn't sent anything. I was fine as I started looking at cards, reading them-choosing the cutest one, the right one. But then of course I had to think, had to relate it to me & how what happened last week affected us, with the end result of no child in 7 months. So then I cried.
Cried for what I assumed would be, cried for what is not going to be.
After the card selection, I was ok. Then it was gift time & how can that not be fun. Cute, adorable little onesies & soft blankets & toys...

We got a few other things & made our way home. No sooner did we get home did we run into loving neighbors. & how can you possibly disagree that they aren't god sent. :)

No comments: