Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy (1st) Fathers Day!



Proverbs 10:9
The man of integrity walks securely,
but he who takes crooked paths will be found out






We have learned a lot about one another in the last year. Being a parent has its pretty and loving parts and it also invites some challenges too. I've always known you were an honorable man, but as a father it has shined through even more.
I've learned that being a parent strips you down to the bare bone. There is no place to hide in parenting. To me its all about being real with your child.
Nothing can possibly prepare you for the task that we are so graciously given.

Our children our honest, naive, and joyful. As a parent if you lack integrity, well you could easily get lost in parenting.

You are so loving with Liliana. You are excited about changes that are taking place everyday. She looks at you with love and giggles when she sees your silly faces. She, I believe, will be one of your best food critics, probably with a more defined palate than myself. I know in the days ahead she will listen to the stories that you will so enthusiastically talk about, on topics such as camping, cycling, history & food. She may one day give you that look, like really dad could you possibly go on any longer. Or perhaps you've met your match & she will be just a bit more long winded that you. I think as she evolves, we will as parents as well.

I am so blessed to be in this with you. I look forward to the years ahead
(& children too).

Happy Fathers Day!


p.s. love the new do

No comments: