Thursday, June 17, 2010

And there were Fireflies

We had a fun late afternoon at Forest Hills Park. We rode down on our bikes, under an unpredictable sky and relished in the summer heat. To me there is nothing like being on your bike.
We had a morning that was lazy, somewhat. A call from a realtor to preview the home which led us to running around fixing, tiding, dusting. I watched Lili, eli worked on V-21 stuff as well as job searching.
Then the realtor came & went, Liliana napped & by then we needed out. So we noticed the dark clouds above when departing our neighborhood & still made our way to the park. We got her into her swim gear so she could enjoy the spray ground, a mini (mini) water park resembling a sprinkler. I got right in there with her & I laughed & enjoyed watching her reaction.
How amazing it is to be a parent to show your child all your 'favorites'. We were in it for a bit, next had a snack & then heard the thunder rolling in, the clouds got even darker. We quickly got on our bikes & made it back to the Tobacco Trail for our ride home. If you've never taken the trail from Southpoint to Downtown, do it. Its beautiful.
I think yesterday was especially magical, the trail is already canopied with greenery, plus adding the dark sky it got pretty dark & it was polka dotted with fireflies. I was that little kid that was in awe & then moments later I was that parent that heard thunder REALLY close & I was that momma that was thinking perhaps I chose the wrong decision to be out in this.
Needless to say we made it 1/2 a mile to home & the clouds opened & we got poured on, we got wet & lili was protected by the cover on the trailer. As we were turning into the driveway I was glad we went out, even w/the possibility of rain. I don't want to be that person sitting in the window thinking maybe...'no' I can't go out it might rain.

No comments: