Sunday, September 6, 2009

This IS difficult

I never thought NOT feeding my baby & allowing someone else to do so would be so hard. So its about 8:30 pm Sunday night & Eli is upstairs with Liliana trying to bottle feed. By the sounds of things, raspy crying(ongoing)--it is not going so well.

We've decided:
1.We will try one bottle feed per day prior to me going back to work (in 2 weeks)
2.I will remain out of the picture, hence them being upstairs
3.Its NOT impossible....We know she will take the bottle, she has 3x already



Exception to rule #2-This is PROOF though!!


Well they are back downstairs & well it was a no go for now. We also read that its best to separate attempts at bottle feeding & breast feeding--to do something completely different in between so the baby isn't rewarded for not taking the bottle....Eli has got some patience. This won't be any easier when I'm @ work for 12+ hrs.... :(

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Man I know this must be hard for you. But kinda neat that she 'wants' you right? Ok so you gotta do what you gotta do. I read somewhere that drowsy babies might take bottles better, so maybe first thing after she wakes up (from a nap or otherwise)? Just an idea. Hang in there!