Wednesday, December 10, 2008

11 weeks & counting

So 11 weeks has been pretty kind to me. My nausea has dissipated. Sunday night when Eli picked me up from work, & we headed to Cosmic Cantina for some long awaited tacos, I noticed that my day was lacking that utter feeling of wanting to lay down & cry. I am still constantly hungry, which I can handle. Some people would think fun, hunger is fine as long as we can nourish it, but its this hunger that can turn quickly from feeling hungry to OH MY GOD, I have to eat something or I might loose all strength, ok- kind of hard to explain, but thats what I'm feeling now.
Not really showing yet, but my clothes are really not that comfortable to me. For work --easy scrubs, & home sweats, but otherwise I'm going to need to make a trip to get some maternity pants soon.....

Next week we have some big appointments: Monday an OB/GYN appt., get some lab results back & Tuesday we get our next ultra sound. Since I will be AMA (advanced for maternal age) @ the time of delivery we have opted to do some of the additional first trimester screening. This u/s is actually done at the Clinic @ Duke. Will I be nervous that day probably. They will look at our baby's anatomy to check for Down Syndrome & Trisomy 18. We also opted NOT to do an amniocentesis or chorionic villi sampling which are more invasive. If the u/s shows something may I be inclined to change my mind maybe. Its a lot to keep in the back of your mind.
BUT
It is exciting to think that I will almost be into the 2nd trimester, progress---nice!

I've had a few days off & back to work for the next three nights now, I know Christmas is going to be here before we know it, & so I try to take as much time to just enjoy everything. :)

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

You're welcome to try my pants, although they might be too short. :)

Sarah said...

Hey Alison - I was thinking the same as Amy...I've got some pants you could try. We're probably about the same height. They are motherhood maternity and I wore them practically every day (: I can bring them Sun. if you want.