Saturday, November 6, 2010

DAY Shift

So with a bit of anticipation I did my first DAY shift today, after being away from days @ work for a year. I mainly worked days prior to having Lil, did it for about 1 1/2 yrs. & then I went to nights after maternity leave. It allowed me to cut back a day & get paid more with the night differential. Well, recently my long awaited time of being on the list for 'Weekend Option' was granted (yes-the differential for this is better than working nights)....but its DAYs & not Nights & so I'm just getting use to the switch. I won't work every weekend & will try to figure out the best schedule for us.

Its purely a family decision, if it works for our family I'll do it. Its not easy to be away all day, but hopefully on my days off I won't be as tired. I won't be working all weekends & will supplement my other shifts on nights. We hope & pray to grow our family in the next year & I hope this works well with that too...

Plus I still pray (often) that Eli will find the job that he's been searching for or more so the job will find him, plus it would be an added blessing to sell this house.

*and HAPPY (official) 16 Months to our Lil' Bear---> WE love you so much! ~hugs~

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

I hope it works great! And it's so fun to play with Lili. She is growing so fast.