Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrap It Up




So we already know that I'm that geaky-freak that LOVES, yes loves a clean page of a calendar. There is such beauty in a new month to me, never mind a NEW YEAR. Its a fine line of not knowing what may happen & looking at what is already planned.

This year I became a parent. I spent 1/2 of the year pregnant & this last part being initiated into mommyhood. 2009 was a record year. I entered it going into my 2nd trimester, full of anticipation of what being a parent would be like plus what Labor would be like. All were different & yet so much better than I ever could have expected. Not to say that both weren't (& are) exhausting, but it puts a whole new spin on my life. I am not only a wife, daughter, sister, friend, nurse, but I am a mother & Eli is a father. I think we're both growing & learning in these roles as we experience being Lili's parents. I question myself all the time. Am I doing it right, is she ok, how can I do a better job. I think I'll probably never stop doing that, its just in my nature to want to make sure everything is ok.
I pray that I'm able to give just a little more over to Him in 2010 & remember I can't do it alone~ever. Praise God for blessing us with this life, for reminding us what is truly important.

One of my favorite Labor shots....(thanks Holly)





No comments: