Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out of My ELEMENT...

So day #2 of work today, & around 11am my charge nurse informed me that I may need to float to the Peds. floor. The floor--ICU nursing is VERY different from floor nursing. I've known this, but this was CONFIRMED today. I like being an ICU nurse, I don't like floor nursing.
But I sucked it up & went, our floor is low on census & its staffed well, unlike the Peds. floor which is understaffed & high on census. So the super sucky part was I liked my pt. load I had today in ICN- I was with my primary...it was a good day. Regardless I gave report to someone that was taking my pt. load & then I had to go & get report for 4 new babies...blablabla.
I was a chicken running around with its head cut off, it was an interesting afternoon, plus I had to travel with one of my patient's to Radiology for a procedure.
So long story short kudos to floor nurses, I'll stick to the critical babes. :)

No comments: