Monday, February 9, 2009

1/2 way there....





Here we are @ 20 weeks, belly is definitely expanding, but otherwise I feel great. I don't feel intent movements quite yet, but plenty of flutters, just so I know that you're there. I've tried laying on my belly suggested by a friend to see if I can feel more, but I never last quite that long in that prone position. Also suggested by another friend, I've been examining in the inside of my eyelids--to predict male or female, still don't see quite a difference yet.
This journey is fun. I've been pretty good about not worrying too much, I eat & sleep when I want--as long as I'm not a work. All in all, work so far is good, I've been splitting up my shifts (no more 3 in a row) so I don't do ~40 hrs in three days, thats helped a lot.
Its amazing to me that my body knows what to do, I sleep, eat & exercise and the physiology & growth of this human is happening inside of me, pretty crazy stuff.

Today was a bitter sweet day, I came home from working the night shift slept ~ 5hrs, went to our 20 week appt. (which was pretty quick-our walk back & forth was longer), heard about our neighbor who's still in the hospital from Eli, and then did our typical clean up before community group this afternoon. This being the last one that we're leading seems not quite real yet. We didn't grow in numbers as we prayed to do but dove deeper into community with some really amazing couples. As we split & take on new roles, only God knows where he'll take us.
Time for bed--nighty night.

1 comment:

gunter fam said...

OMG! You are so pregnant, Alison! How did that happen so quickly? ps, none of those sentences are supposed to make sense.