Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be My Valentine

So I'm not the super mushy type, I don't think, BUT I know I am definitely sentimental about things. Like today is Valentines Day, I don't expect flowers & candy & all that jazz but I do like to recognize the day & I do like surprises-no pressure Eli, really.
I love my husband for many reasons: initially it was because he made me laugh, he was a good manager (yes he was my boss), but it was the way he interacted with other people which is what I noticed when I first met him a 24. No one I had met before had so much respect & so much heart. All these years later I love him for those reasons plus so many more than I could ever list. He is truly my best friend. I miss him when he's not around & look forward to sharing my daily adventures with him.
This new journey that we're on now is amazing--we are not parents yet, but I've already pictured us in those roles--Yes even being in our thirties & saying 'parents' is weird to me. Ok, I have parents, but to be a parent--wow.

So to my Valentine on this lovey-mushy-heart day--I love you!! Pappa to be.

& to our babe to be, we don't even know you yet, but already love you too. I dream big for you & we can't wait to share with you all the things we love to share together. The great outdoors: to hike & camp & bike with you, to bring you to my favorite place, the ocean. To just watch you grow...we look forward to the day of your birth.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Always make me smile when I hear people say nice things about their spouses!