Monday, October 20, 2008

Time

This week went by very fast. I happily welcomed the weekend @ 7pm on Friday, when I was leaving the Hospital with many plans in my mind for the weekend. First one being Cats Cradle on Friday night. I felt like I was twenty-something again, rushing home & getting ready to go on a date. Eli & I had a good time listening to Thad then Chatham County Line. I knew I was ready for my bed mid way into the 2nd artist.

The rest of the weekend was relaxing & fun, spending time with friends; baby shower, grilling & baseball watching & of course V-21 on Sunday evening to wrap it all up. Now monday is upon us, & I actually got called off for my OT shift, a little disappointed but my body welcomed more sleep.

Now I'm just waiting. Four, 4 weeks ago I had my period, this time around we were diligent with, "our par" & we're hoping it won't arrive. But how do I wait to find out, you just do. We wait full of anticipation, partially assuming that it will come, so being disappointed won't be so hard, but truly just having faith. I know that if I find out that I'm not, I will be crushed...so I just wait. What a birthday gift it would be for Eli, in June it was our anniversary when we found out (close to it anyways)....

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

I meant to say this yesterday. In February, in the "will it be, what will happen, is it even possible for me to carry a child" stage, Melinie and I talked about the waiting, and how do you wait hopefully yet realistically? That is when we adopted the attitude of, I am asking God for what I want, and for what I hope He'll give me, but I am also putting ALL the results in His hands. In other words, if it works out like I want - great! If not - He can handle that part too.

I don't know, I just felt like I should share it. Hope work is good today.

Mama Goose said...

PS - Actually, now I remember waiting days to test because then I could pretend like I was or might be, but testing might mean I WASN'T and I didn't want that. So yeah, I understand waiting to test too.