Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rained out

So we're campers. Eli has camped sans a tent, me I prefer a tent. I don't mind the cold, I can layer & the rain is fine if it stops. Well we made it to the Blue Ridge Parkway without rain. Our first night, no rain...til about midnight then it came down. At first I felt all cozy in the tent, then when we realized the tent was leaking a bit not so fun. Usually we wake up with the sun rise, 6/7am...with no sunrise we slept til 9am..oops. Then I thought I'd cheat & listen to the weather forecast in the car, more rain & heavier at times till Friday....Ok-time to head home. Between the rain, & the fog (could barely see the next camp site), it was time to head back.
We camped at J.Price Park right off the Parkway. A great site, not far from Blowing Rock or Boone. We definitely will go back, with a couple things in mind:
1.Check out the weather before you go
2.Go mid to late October, foliage hadn't peaked yet
3.& purchase a new tent :)

Now, we're home: no rain, 20 degrees warmer & a free day before work knocks on our door Friday.







Our little friend...


1 comment:

shevi said...

COWS?! Are those cows? How cool is that. The area looks so pretty even in the rain. I love blogs.