Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow, how we love you





Is this going to be another December 26th or December 5th? As we anxiously await for some more snow... I wonder if its gonna look this this:






Snow here is a little different from growing up (ok a lot), our excitement was based on predicted feet and school possibly being cancelled. I remember awaiting for the 'phone call' my dad would receive, he was on the school board, & would be one of the first to be in the know. It was great, I would knock on my brother's wall to his bedroom, cause that meant we could play in the snow & come in when mom called & not by choice, even when fingers were barely felt. It was great, seriously I always thought I'd want my child to grow up in New England, but here we are in the South & we still have seasons & still can await snow. Its pretty cool to be sharing these experiences with her.


1 comment:

Melinie said...

Hmmm I still get so excited about snow! Was thinking a lot about you today. I miss you so much