Tuesday, January 11, 2011

18 months, a little hard to believe





So here we were 18 months ago with a 5 day old babe. I was unsure how to be the best mom, rather exhausted but overwhelmed & consumed with love. I for sure can say its gotten easier, I'm not saying easy, but learning who you were, who I was as a mom & how all that meshed together was, well a lot to take in at first.
It was hard at first, I doubt many moms would admit or agree but I'm being honest here. It was new, and well new things to me take time & learning & a whole lot of grace. 18 months later, I can say I've learned a lot from you; I've gained patience & joy & laughter & hugs. I am so blessed to be your mom.

At 18 months you are:


*Copying actions constantly
*Ticklish as always
*Follows directions....please, place shoes under bench, take off your coat...the follow through is of course sometimes distracted by other things
*Hums & sings to tunes (can we understand, not so much, but just hearing her voice is so sweet)
*One nap a day now & still 12 hrs of sleep at night
*Eats anything & everything...still loves hummus, avocados, oranges, cheese
*Loves dogs and will follow them from window to window, when she sees them outside
*Enjoys making monkey & duck sounds
*Enjoys exploring outside, not afraid to get dirty, wet or well eat said dirt or water
*Entertained by friends & especially likes to play w/their play kitchens
*Still enjoys a good book.... :)
*6 teeth still, working on a few with some swollen gums....
*24 lbs & 8oz
*33 1/2 inches long




Lil, what are you up to?




Oh, on dog watch




Messy, even better








exploring in the snow


A year ago we were pulling you, now look whos boss




Just enjoying the snow

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Such a slow teether! Ah well she's focused on other stuff!