Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Should ALWAYS be this TASTEY....

Pre-Summer warm up:



End of June w/blackberries....





Simple pleasures of summer, we definitely don't eat out like we used, but we've been blessed with some wonderful food from friends and local vendors. Our favorites have been the blackberries & peaches from the Durham Farmer's Market. Whether eaten in its pure form or in a cobbler, yum!

My friend's chickens have provided some wonderful egg sandwiches....a nice way to wake up after a night shift. I can eat breakfast any time of the day.

We've been making lots of pizzas with more veggies from friends gardens & CSAs~thank-you & my favorite as of late is a tomato, corn, cilantro, mango & red onion salad....poor Eli, I think I ate the whole bowl.








Liliana's favorite, blackberry & yogurt pops:




1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Wow how lovely! And now I am hungry. Glad the CSA went well.