Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sleep

So we are 10 days short of Lil's 2nd birthday and I continue to be surprised by changes that happen. I know its not all about me, but when I'm having such a challenging time putting her down to bed, I'm wondering what did I do wrong, how can I make it better, what don't I know.

Shes pretty much always been an easy baby/child to put down for bed. With some exceptions of teething or growth spurts or other phases, we would follow our routine & no problem, but as of late its been challenging to say the least....

Tonight, without a nap all day we expected it'd be an easy n-night, love you....some books & see you in the morning, instead its still going on over an hour later, and Eli took his shift. That sounds, feels awful but sometimes I have to collect my thoughts....I read stories, walked with her, rocked her, laid with her....she gets to a point where she's just about asleep you walk out of the room & she screams, then bangs on the door & cries like, I need to catch my breath, kind of cry....and so we go back in & start the routine again....

I ,of course, want/need to figure it out so I google, '2yr. old sleep' and don't find the answers I desire, if anyone has a book/suggestions
we're all ears....

2 comments:

Colin and Holly said...

ah yes, that is sooo tough! elana was like that until we moved into the apt. i have no explanation other than sometimes we want what we want and it may last for days/weeks/months. you're trying--and you're trying HARD. you are doing it "right." love ya!

Jamie said...

Sorry you are having a hard time right now... Did you ever read healthy sleep habits happy child? So far it has done wonders for us!